The overall aim of the SENS-ERA project is to integrate the Georgian Technical University (GTU) into the European Research Area (ERA), by developing cooperation with European research and innovation organisations in its 3 strongest research topics:
- Semiconductor based materials for optical sensors;
- Radiation sensor elements based on A4, A3B5, and rare earth semiconductors;
- Novel smart sensor systems for environmental monitoring.
The SENS-ERA project will build upon GTU’s existing strengths as a high-quality research institution via capacity building activities with the following 3 excellent European research and innovation organisations:
- Cranfield University (Cranfield),
- Technological Educational Institute of Piraeus (TEIPIR)
- Intelligentsia Consultants (Intelligentsia)