Exploring the software interface of peripherals PC storage units through which enables the engineer to control and exploit the hardware in order to achieve maximum benefit for the user. Various file systems in combination with the efficient management of storage facilities peripherals permanent commemoration and methods are discussed in order to ensure maximum availability, exclusivity and privacy.
Module Study Targets
Students should be able to:
- Acknowledge peripheral devices
- Understand the basic principles of designing software interface
- Choose file systems in combination with the efficient management of storage space in order to organize regional permanent commemoration units
- Set the maximum availability, exclusivity and privacy
Module Acquired Abilities
- Search, analysis and combination of data
- Able to work independent
- Decision making
Basic Structures OS, Definition peripherals, basic software interface design principles, device drivers, file systems, user interface, security and protection, system performance basic software interface design principles, device drivers, file systems, user interface, system performance.
Module Student Evaluation
Written final exam (60%)
Laboratory exercises (40%)
- Silberschatz etc., "Applied Operating Systems Concept", 8th edition, 2008